Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos

Old 01-16-2007, 02:37 PM   #31
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by acmarttin
I'm an Apple only user. My excuse is that professionally I am a graphic artist. Although I admit I can't really defend that excuse at all. Except I can tell you, you will very very very very rarely meet a professional* graphics person that does not use Apple.

And that's why :bah:
Is it because you guys don't know any better?
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 04:04 PM   #32
TNT
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
I'm an Apple only user. My excuse is that professionally I am a graphic artist. Although I admit I can't really defend that excuse at all. Except I can tell you, you will very very very very rarely meet a professional* graphics person that does not use Apple.

Is it because you guys don't know any better?
an apple interface is more user friendly, you have less bugs, crashes, updates etc. with an apple, it looks better , and runs smoother and faster then most PCs.
Old 01-16-2007, 04:07 PM   #33
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by TNT

an apple interface is more user friendly, you have less bugs, crashes, updates etc. with an apple, it looks better , and runs smoother and faster then most PCs.
Yea whatever :roll:

And looks better? I thought this is a dead subject by now. I can make my PC look like anything
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 04:07 PM   #34
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Tradition I guess
Old 01-16-2007, 04:09 PM   #35
TNT
Regular User

Originally Posted by SFDMALEX
Originally Posted by TNT

Yea whatever :roll:

so i am right....... like just upgrading all the software. A PC gets some sort of update at least once a month. on some thing that is on its harddrive. that alone is stating the quality of product. when I have had my Apple for a year and had one update for iTunes and one for the OS.
Old 01-16-2007, 04:09 PM   #36
Minacious
Regular User

Wrong.
Old 01-16-2007, 04:13 PM   #37
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by TNT

so i am right....... like just upgrading all the software. A PC gets some sort of update at least once a month. on some thing that is on its harddrive. that alone is stating the quality of product. when I have had my Apple for a year and had one update for iTunes and one for the OS.

My father is an electronics engineer who uses multi million dollar software and he gets updates at his work every week Is that bad product?

iTunes? Who gives a shit about iTunes

My system is a full on audio studio, video/photo studio, and a gaming machine. And its faster and more stable then any mac I have ever worked on
Old 01-16-2007, 04:18 PM   #38
TNT
Regular User

Originally Posted by TNT

My father is an electronics engineer who uses multi million dollar software and he gets updates at his work every week Is that bad product?
yes IMO any product that has to be updated/upgraded/changed often isn't thought out and build properly, now that isn't including wear and tear.

millions of people around the world

My system is a full on audio studio, video/photo studio, and a gaming machine. And its faster and more stable then any mac I have ever worked on
i said most
Old 01-16-2007, 04:21 PM   #39
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by TNT
[/quote]

Funny all I have to do is copy and paste MP3s into my Creative player withouht any software what so ever

I plug in the USB, it opens up the player, and all I do is drag the files into it.

I have iTunes on my PowerBook and it seems much more complicated
Old 01-16-2007, 04:22 PM   #40
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by TNT
yes IMO any product that has to be updated/upgraded/changed often isn't thought out and build properly, now that isn't including wear and tear.
Thats bold.

I guess it sucks when you are constantly updating security features to keep your proudct immune to very latest threats.
Old 01-16-2007, 04:27 PM   #41
TNT
Regular User

Originally Posted by TNT
Thats bold.

I guess it sucks when you are constantly updating security features to keep your proudct immune to very latest threats.
haha you just proven my point Apples don't need to update security near as much a PCs

Funny all I have to do is copy and paste MP3s into my Creative player withouht any software what so ever

I plug in the USB, it opens up the player, and all I do is drag the files into it.

I have iTunes on my PowerBook and it seems much more complicated [/quote]

iTunes is a media player/store. with an Ipod you can do the same just plug it in an drag and drop files to play music, videos, etc. Now i personally have not bought anything off of iTunes' store. but drag and drop comparsion is equal.
Old 01-16-2007, 04:29 PM   #42
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by TNT

haha you just proven my point Apples don't need to update security near as much a PCs
No shit man. Apples are how many % of the computer world? :roll:
Old 01-16-2007, 04:51 PM   #43
TopGearNL
Regular User

Old 01-16-2007, 04:53 PM   #44
TNT
Regular User

^^^^ hahahahaha
Old 01-16-2007, 07:32 PM   #45
Minacious
Regular User

Originally Posted by TNT

So by this logic you'd rather use an outdated piece of software rather than apply updates that improve performance or add functionality?