Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Scale Models

Scale Models Discuss your model collections in here inc R/C models

Old 08-10-2004, 08:41 PM   #1
sameerrao
Regular User

Default 1:18 Mclaren F1 by Maisto available for $21

Check out www.collectablediecast.com

They have the Maisto version of the 1993 Mclaren F1 road car for $21. Its a steal. I talked to the guy there - they bought like 100 units of it so you should be able to get one from there.

I found the website did not let me order it online due to some tehnical issue so I called them at 626-282-2154.

I am not sure of the quality difference between the Maisto and UT F1...

BTW TT, we need a sticky called "Deals" here where we can post whatever we found online at a good price...

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 09:08 PM   #2
T-Bird
Regular User

holy crap thats a great site I've been looking for an F1 at a decent price thanks!
and a Z06 by AA for $32 thtat's adeal I may have to consider.
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 09:20 PM   #3
sameerrao
Regular User

OK one more point to clarify here ... I researched a bit about the Maisto version of the F1 and discovered ...

a) The rear tail-lights are like the prototype (single lights per side) rather than the two tail-lamps per side. In fact the rear is not the part here.

b) The exhaust systems are not visible

Personally, I can forgive such minor faults for the price and have placed my order anyway. Its a screaming deal for the low price. I just don't want you guys disappointed later and come after me

Here is a review of the Maisto version with some pics (note it is a green car but is built to the same spec)

http://www.directcon.com/wander/MaiMcLF1.html

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
Old 08-10-2004, 09:48 PM   #4
FordGTGuy

I like the ones you put together tho I may get an Enzo soon
Old 08-13-2004, 06:11 AM   #5
mazmazmaz1
Regular User

Is the Maisto F1 production discontinued or not yet
mazmazmaz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2004, 06:13 AM   #6
TT
Regular User

BTW TT, we need a sticky called "Deals" here where we can post whatever we found online at a good price...
Good idea.. maybe first of all let's see if it's so common to find good deals around to justify a sticky and BTW, the fact we all live in different parts of the world could make it a deal for somebody and just a "normal" price for others that have to add some 20 USD for shipping
Old 08-13-2004, 12:39 PM   #7
Vansquish
Regular User

The Maisto F1 is discontinued as are the UT versions. I have an orange Maisto one and all three versions of the UT car, F1 roadcar, LM and GT longtail...the UT models are much better put together, have better detailing, and are heavier to the touch, the Maisto car is a good addition to any collection, but I wouldn't go out of my way to buy one of them instead of the UT version. There is a reason that the UT cars have a price close to 5 times as high as the Maisto ones at this point, they're rarer and better models.

my Hindibonics-speaking Indian roommate--"Dawgs, do you have any idea how much bacteria that would take?"
Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2004, 01:26 PM   #8
sameerrao
Regular User

Originally Posted by TT
Good idea.. maybe first of all let's see if it's so common to find good deals around to justify a sticky and BTW, the fact we all live in different parts of the world could make it a deal for somebody and just a "normal" price for others that have to add some 20 USD for shipping
True. I think this would only make sense if it is a limited edition piece that is hard to find. That would justify the shipping costs. For regular production Maisto or whatever, it may not make much sense as you rightly pointed out...

Old 08-13-2004, 01:33 PM   #9
sameerrao
Regular User

Originally Posted by Vansquish
The Maisto F1 is discontinued as are the UT versions. I have an orange Maisto one and all three versions of the UT car, F1 roadcar, LM and GT longtail...the UT models are much better put together, have better detailing, and are heavier to the touch, the Maisto car is a good addition to any collection, but I wouldn't go out of my way to buy one of them instead of the UT version. There is a reason that the UT cars have a price close to 5 times as high as the Maisto ones at this point, they're rarer and better models.
I agree about the quality difference but I personally cant justify spending 100 bucks on a scale model hence have decided to buy the Maisto version for now. I think it is worth it for 20 bucks. I will continue to look for UT version on ebay and grab one if I can get it at a reasonable price

I wish I had got into this hobby years back when I could buy the models at list price..

Old 08-13-2004, 04:30 PM   #10
SilviaEvo
Regular User

thanks sammerao i need some more models
Old 08-13-2004, 04:55 PM   #11
TransAm
Regular User

Originally Posted by T-Bird
holy crap thats a great site I've been looking for an F1 at a decent price thanks!
I was in Sams Club today (Fort Worth), yellow Maisto Z06 about $9

Previous: 2003 Z4 3.0i SMG, 1995 Aprilia RS250
TransAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2004, 05:06 PM   #12
sameerrao
Regular User

Originally Posted by TransAm2001
A dumb question does Sam's club charge an annual membership. I have never been in one....

Old 08-13-2004, 05:26 PM   #13
Nik^XeN
Regular User

wow, that 1/18 Diablo SV is nice and onlt 21euro!!
thnks
Old 08-13-2004, 05:47 PM   #14
T-Bird
Regular User

Originally Posted by sameerrao
Originally Posted by TransAm2001
A dumb question does Sam's club charge an annual membership. I have never been in one....
yeah they have annual memberships but it's cheap and worth it.

TransAm that's cool but I'm partial to AutoArt and for $32 that's one hell of a deal, the guality of AutoArt to Maisto is worth $23 extra.
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2004, 05:53 PM   #15
ViperASR
Regular User

I like the ones you put together tho
Yea, i have to agree, its more fun to put one together and see the finished rusults. but that is a steal for a model, may have to get one of those

"plus being able call your penis master chief during sex has got to be comical at least once"-gis
ViperASR is offline   Reply With Quote