Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-27-2004, 06:58 PM   #1
X-ale
Regular User

Default "Then I saw the car in the middle of my roof,"

:shock:
MARLBOROUGH, Mass. -- A woman in her 70s who apparently pressed her car's accelerator instead of the brake drove off a Mass. parking garage and through the roof of a home, according to Local 6 News. The 1992 Ford Taurus jumped an alley in the garage and landed trunk first in the home's roof, Local 6 News reported. Scott Penney, a downstairs tenant in the home, heard the noise from the accident Sunday but didn't see what had happened until he went around the two-family house. "Then I saw the car in the middle of my roof," Penney told the MetroWest Daily News of Framingham. The vehicle came to rest on a supporting wall and did not fall into the home's living area. Arriving firefighters climbed a ladder and helped the car's driver get out. No one was injured. Penney's girlfriend had been inside at the time, and the upstairs tenants had been away. The driver, Shirley Elder, had been alone at the time of the accident. She refused medical treatment.