Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 07-25-2004, 09:27 PM   #1
altedza
Regular User

Default recovering from a bad accident

how to deal? :[
altedza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004, 09:36 PM   #2
HeilSvenska
Regular User

urm...if we knew what kind of accident you were in and how you were...it'd be better for us to advise...

...or do what i do and have a Top Gear marathon. that always helped me when i was down.
Old 07-25-2004, 09:37 PM   #3
altedza
Regular User

briefly.

i went driving. i rolled off a hill. 3 random trees saved me. a few other random things saved me from terrible injury. i crawled out of my car and up a cliff with only a broken finger, minor concussion, bad scrapes, and poison oak. the car is totalled. i havent told my brother. my parents arent too upset but my entire life is shaken.
Old 07-25-2004, 09:43 PM   #4
BADMIHAI
Regular User

Oh man, that sucks. IMO you should just browse JW when alone, but do try and hang around with your friends as much as possible. If you don't have too many real-life friends, you always have us here. Sorry to hear you had an accident! :cry:
BADMIHAI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004, 09:44 PM   #5
altedza
Regular User

the towtruck guy stole my wallet and its the weekend so i havent been able to get my license. its almost sinful to ask but what kinda car should i get? maybe something completely different? how do i tell my older bro? hes at college but we share the car.
Old 07-25-2004, 09:45 PM   #6
altedza
Regular User

Originally Posted by BADMIHAI
Oh man, that sucks. IMO you should just browse JW when alone, but do try and hang around with your friends as much as possible. If you don't have too many real-life friends, you always have us here. Sorry to hear you had an accident! :cry:
my friends are bad influences... smoking weed, doing coke, etc. this all followed a nasty breakup too. im kinda just on my own it really bites. i have people that care and stuff but its just... bad.
Old 07-25-2004, 09:52 PM   #7
altedza
Regular User

my car got wasted :[ :[ :[
Old 07-25-2004, 10:00 PM   #8
altedza
Regular User

i closed my plastic sun roof cover for some odd reason ( i never do this ). had i not done that, terrible things wouldve happened also, i got caught by 3 trees. they were completely random. beyond the trees was a drop i cant even measure :O
Old 07-25-2004, 10:19 PM   #9
nthfinity
Regular User

im glad to hear your alright, altedza. i know southern cali has some amazingly fun winding roads... but dangerous. god, i cant even imagine careening off an edge... shitting myself mabey...

as for friends; i know that we here at JW are here for you. i also know that reading is much less comforting then a good friend in person. even among the bad habits you mentioned within your friends... (i hope).

i pray there is someone near for you.

im sorry to hear the car was totalled... luckily it served its safety job superbly .
i felt quite a bit of sorrow when i severely damaged my old Saab... like a part of me had died...
Old 07-25-2004, 10:22 PM   #10
altedza
Regular User

thx guys ) its gonna be tough. gonna spend lots of time on the puter til school starts ;P then even more time :x
Old 07-25-2004, 10:45 PM   #11
Stikz
Regular User

shit man, sounds like you were pretty lucky. Your bro should understand about the accident. Think you need new buds too. Good luck man
Stikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004, 10:53 PM   #12
BADMIHAI
Regular User

my friends are bad influences... smoking weed, doing coke, etc. this all followed a nasty breakup too. im kinda just on my own it really bites. i have people that care and stuff but its just... bad.
Maybe you should get some new friends to go along with that new car. As I said before, you always have us here. We care about you because you're one of us. 8)
BADMIHAI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 12:58 AM   #13
bmagni
Regular User

hey man, its terrible to hear that, its good to hear ur ok, and that ur looking for help to come out of this one...

any car to get would be ok, dont worry much bout it...

i wish i could help but i dont live near where u do... but if u need to talk or something count with me
bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 02:04 AM   #14
SilviaEvo
Regular User

hey man sorry to hear bout it at least you alive. but you totalled your/and your bro's car. which im guessing is the Lexus in your Sig right?
Old 07-26-2004, 04:32 AM   #15
aks
Regular User

hey man,

sorry to hear bout the accident and your car. i had a pretty traumatic accident a few months ago, it was my first accident ever and i was totally shocked! i know how u feel.

all that matters is that you're ok, things happen for a reason and somebody up there obviously likes u (as u said, u never close ur plastic sun roof cover)

so chill out for now, it jus feels worse when u think about it so try to lay low and relax. maybe buying a new car will help u take ur mid off it, maybe it won't. it's up to you. maybe go and try and make some new friends through a common interest (i.e. night clubs, library, whatever tickles ur fancy)

but as for ur bro, u should tell him. he'll care more bout u than the car so nothing to worry about.

hope everything is ok,

- aks

My Car: Alfa Romeo 147 2.0 Selespeed 5-Door (Black Exterior/Red Leather Interior/Sunroof/17 inch Alloys/Tinted Windows/Rear Parking Sensors)
aks is offline   Reply With Quote