Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > What You Saw Today

What You Saw Today Got a camera or camcorder ?? Why not put it to good use and show us what you have captured with it today !!!

Old 05-26-2006, 05:08 PM   #1
TT
Regular User

Default I drove my second Lambo today!

Well, things happens almost too quickly sometimes I am still savouring my Diablo SV drive and PAF, today I was handed the key of a Murcielago not bad isn't it? :shock:

Another marvellous guy, I know him a bit since we met a couple of times thanks to asphalte.ch meetings. generous, open minded, a pleasure to spend time with him... your typical Lambo owner!
I visited him to shoot his Murcielago and dad's Diablo Roadster Millenium nice family and nice garage! We spent the whole afternoon driving around in Jura's backroad trying to find some good locations and I think we found them also got the Lambo tractor for the first location, which was fine!
There was also a pretty cute blonde babe with us and took some pics with her on the cars too (dressed, sorry), but will ask her her permission before posting those pics in public

Anyway, I must admit I only did granny driving with the Murci: narrow country/mountain roads I don't know at all... didn't want to mess up.. short shifting and never more than 100 kmh.. and yet, amazing!!!!! Even easier to drive than a Diablo actualy. You feel there is more on tap and lower in rev band, but despite that, the Diablo felt more brutal. This Murci has a very loud exhaust, really boomy, but inside the cabin insonorisation in stronger ence quiter. Better for long drives I bet and high in the revs the scream manage to pierce through!

Anyway, all in all, another epic experience!
It wasn't my first time as a passenger in a Murci, but first time on such twisties and it was nice to see the grip potential!

Again, sorry for the dumb preview, but I thought once again it would be better to put "on paper" the first impressions right after coming home

Time to edit those pics since I have a couple more indeprths to deal with
Old 05-26-2006, 05:12 PM   #2
saadie
Regular User

not bad .. what are you talking about :shock:

you are really one lucky Bastrad!
Old 05-26-2006, 05:16 PM   #3
TT
Regular User

The Murci feels definitely much heavier. Both the steering wheel, probably because of the AWD system, but also in weight shifting situations. It's weird because when you really ask for it, it's actually quite nimble, and still, the momentum gathering part is someway slower, like if the mass it has to move around is (as it is), havier.
But well, it's heavy in a good way I think and it never feels slow of course.
Old 05-26-2006, 05:17 PM   #4
saadie
Regular User

Originally Posted by everso
the Murcielago is a classic....
are you fucking insane Classic ? D'oh
Old 05-26-2006, 05:33 PM   #5
r2r
Regular User

Originally Posted by Saadie
Originally Posted by everso
the Murcielago is a classic....
are you fucking insane Classic ? D'oh
The Murcielago roadster is a classic in my book; when was the last time you saw something that extreme, hardcore, and unpractical.
(and it doesn't necessarily have to be old to be considered classic)

Dam TT, you are leaving the high life right now!

The first pic is great, can't wait for the rest.
r2r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 05:34 PM   #6
TT
Regular User

Anyway the Murci has better visibility and although quite similar to the Diablo afterall, it feels so much more modern and refined but of course less rawness kinda detract from the experience at times

Wating now for a Countach and a Miura to die in peace
Old 05-26-2006, 07:39 PM   #7
Shinigami
Regular User

Cool to hear this man! I already told you that if you keep at it, the doors will begin to open up for you and the test drives come on their own

You're building some status by providing good photos to the community, and people will recognize this. With status comes respect, and with respect comes a chance to know the objects of desire with more "depth".

Just keep it up and who knows, as the word gets around, you just might be one of those gets to drive most of the very best supercars ever manufactured
Old 05-26-2006, 07:44 PM   #8
TT
Regular User

HAHA, I whish Shin and for sure the day I'll have a nice garage I will be a generous owner after having known ppl like you, Flavio, Franck and the others

Originally Posted by insane
Wow man, yet another drive in another exotic italian supercar. So...Zonda coming up?
Hehe, actually could be maybe not in the driver seat though
Old 05-26-2006, 08:26 PM   #9
Garretts_turbo
Regular User

congrats, man! i've only seen one diablo in person several years ago...it was breathtaking

BTW, classic pic!!
Old 05-26-2006, 08:35 PM   #10
dingo
Regular User

The Murcielago is a beast, obviously I've only been passenger but from that I can imagine how cool this must've been for you! Congrats!
Old 05-26-2006, 10:01 PM   #11
MIHALS
Regular User

damn, are you trying to piss somebody off or something? :x

driving these babies must be a real pleasure but ofcourse you deserve a drive, because of your great work in this comunity! Can't wait for the pics, the first one is marvelous!!!

shini > I can see swiss Jeremy C. in the future
Old 05-26-2006, 10:33 PM   #12
sameerrao
Regular User

Good read TT ... Congrats on your drive ... hope you get many more!!

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 11:52 PM   #13
DeMoN
Regular User

amazing picture!
Old 05-27-2006, 02:09 AM   #14
yg60m
Regular User

Nice TT, thank you for sharing one of another great experience, it will become almost normal for you to drive these cars
Old 05-27-2006, 04:13 AM   #15
TT
Regular User

LOL, thanks guys, and to be honest some time ago I started to wonder if I should maybe stick to posting pics and avoiding comments on how cool it is to sit in the passenger seat or take the wheel of such cars.
Because I know very well that such topics can quickly sound a bit like bragging :roll: I admit there is probably a part of it. I think it is just impossible for a car nut like me and you not to be proud of such special moments.
The fact dingo and others have similar moments more and more often kinda make things easier luckily.

If in the end I prefer to also share a couple of words about each car it's just because I know how cool it was for me when I was just a regular mortal being ( :roll: ).. dreaming about Ferraris and Lambos but just approaching such cars VERY rarely.
Reading magazines like mad, scanning the net for more driving impressions, passionate descriptions and pictures obviously. It was such a thrill to see such cars really exists and some ppl can actually drive or be in them.
And now that being in a Ferrari, while still being an exceptional moment, isn't so rare anymore, I think it's my turn to post reports to show ppl what it is like from a normal person's perspective. Sure, I lack the skills to really write a nice review, especially in my third language, but I have to try and if even a single person in this planet will dream for a second about the given car thanks to my pics or writeup, that's great!

In conclusion, don't hate me I am trying my best to take you all with me for every new ride