Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Video and Picture Links

Video and Picture Links WORKING HTTP or FTP links only, no torrents or other P2P links.

Old 08-25-2010, 01:20 AM   #1
nthfinity
Regular User

Default E92 M3 vs. 2011 5.0 Mustang Track and Drag

Seems the 5.0 has made the Mustang grow up... just wait til the Boss 302 Leguna Seca meets the race track
Old 08-25-2010, 02:25 AM   #2
tforth
Regular User

Yeah, nice feedback from Pobst, eh? I wonder though if MT pulled a fast one on him with the lap time. They've been know to be a little WWF when it comes to these things. And for someone as experienced (and capable) as him to be that surprised with the lap times, it had me wondering.

Still, the 'Stang has come a long way. Does anyone know if Multimatic did the suspension?
tforth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 12:47 PM   #3
nthfinity
Regular User

Yeah... I do wonder about MT sometimes. That said, they didn't use the "track-Pack" options on the Mustang here.
Old 08-25-2010, 10:57 PM   #4
tforth
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity View Post
Yeah... I do wonder about MT sometimes. That said, they didn't use the "track-Pack" options on the Mustang here.
Hopefully, this will reduce TFND (typical Ford nose dive).
tforth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 04:58 AM   #5
79TA
Regular User

There was no reason for the Mustang to not compete here. It had the power, tires, and (lack of) weight to be competitive. Really, the 'stang even had the advantage in average horsepower given its lowend torque. Some stiffer springs and shocks would help the car a lot. My cousin now owns a new 5.0, and yes, the car is very soft. It is just a Mustang after all.

Any time you get two cars within a tenth of a second of each other for any competition, it's surprising.
79TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 07:47 AM   #6
paradizzy
Regular User

These wheels what Mustang has comes with brembo brakes and 255 wide tires. Isnt this part of track pack?
paradizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 04:53 AM   #7
79TA
Regular User

You can look all of that up on Motortrend.com

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...d_pricing.html

This one looks to have the track pack. Normal GT's, however, do come with 255's, just not in the same compound. One should also note that they tried to saddle down the Mustang with as many options as possible to close the gap between both price and interior amenities.
79TA is offline   Reply With Quote