Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Ferrari

Ferrari Everything related to the Prancing Horse goes in here!

Old 09-07-2004, 11:42 PM   #31
Caps8419
Regular User

lol nicely put toronto. you sound like montoya. (no offense)

come to think of it... RC sounds like montoya.... but he would'nt get that joke now would he.

Officially, Catholicism is Italy's official religion; but any true Italian will tell you Ferrari first, soccer second.....
Originally Posted by SFDMALEX
Montoya should race bumper karts and not F1 race cars!
Caps8419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 11:48 PM   #32
Toronto
Regular User

Originally Posted by caps8419

come to think of it... RC sounds like montoya.... but he would'nt get that joke now would he.
you call me montoya... i fuckin kill you
8)
Old 09-08-2004, 12:07 AM   #33
T-Bird
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45

Originally Posted by toronto

If what I point out was not a problem - many WRC cars would not have shift rings around the entire steering wheel.

Paddles are just a gimmick.. pure and simple
have you watched a modern WRC race? many of them don't have h-gates,
Are first stupid then a Canadian? Or first a Canadian then stupid?

I did not mention anything about an h-gate on WRC ... I mentioned full circle shift rings.. :roll:
Umm RC I hate to burst your bubble (the first time EVER!)
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 12:32 AM   #34
Caps8419
Regular User

Originally Posted by caps8419

you call me montoya... i fuckin kill you
8)

yea i know, i deserve it hehe

Officially, Catholicism is Italy's official religion; but any true Italian will tell you Ferrari first, soccer second.....
Originally Posted by SFDMALEX
Montoya should race bumper karts and not F1 race cars!
Caps8419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 12:58 AM   #35
RC45
Regular User

RC you know nothing about F1 (if so very little) you thought they use active suspension,
IF they used active suspension was the point of a statement I made a long time ago.

If you are going quote some get your fucking facts straight.

you think that lock on the wheel affects the paddle shifts,
Learn to read - WTF are you on about? -How would lock effect paddle shifts? I am saying the short arc of some paddles appears to have affected drivers trying to get decent performance out of the said cars.

I am beginning to realise many on the freshly educated have very little comprehensive reading skills.

you think the paddle shift slows down the track time, or doesn't have an effect at all, well it does.
Not to an amateur driver on the road it doesn't.

Get a goddamned clue.

You conveniently measure everything in terms of the uber-pro.

Just the same way spending $10,000 on golf clubs won't automatically make you as good as Tiger Woods - just because a car is adorned with F1 trickery does not automatically make it the best suited for the world outside competition.

These are the realities of life you seem to gloss right over.

YOUR WRONG, ask any F1 driver, all of them think the paddle "shit" works, you think some wanna b'Redneck is going to prove ferrari's formula wrong?
You and your buddies crooning and having wet dreams about F430's are NOT F1 drivers - so the gains to YOU will be minimal.

Oh - and it is YOU'RE for gods sake... get it right already.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 01:05 AM   #36
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by T-Bird

If what I point out was not a problem - many WRC cars would not have shift rings around the entire steering wheel.

Paddles are just a gimmick.. pure and simple
have you watched a modern WRC race? many of them don't have h-gates,
Are first stupid then a Canadian? Or first a Canadian then stupid?

I did not mention anything about an h-gate on WRC ... I mentioned full circle shift rings.. :roll:
Umm RC I hate to burst your bubble (the first time EVER!)
What bubble?

Did I say every WRC car used full circle shift rings? No. The Peugeot 206 had one for a while..

But it was a nice try to get in a cheap shot.. I will give you that much... but better luck next time..
Old 09-08-2004, 02:28 AM   #37
dons5
Regular User

actually since u guys are not professional drivers then i think the gains from using F1 gearbox would not be minimal as rc45 said, but rather greater then usual, unless ur a prefessionl and really know ur shifting perfect, u gotta remember there aint jus people that know and dont know how to do proper heel toe throttle blipping downshifts, but there are also the ones that think there doin it right but arent, trust me ive seen it in alot of videos and it tottally unbalances the car, but u wont get that in f1 cause u get porfect downshift everytime
Old 09-08-2004, 04:10 AM   #38
mindgam3
Regular User

With regards to the F1 paddle shift, i'd say it is better for faster track times.... For the majority of the time you dont have to take your hands of the wheel which gives you greater control.

For 90% of the corners on race tracks you dont have to turn more than one turn in either direction and so at least one hand would be in reach of either shifter.

In just about all race tracks you'd change gear before you turn in anyway but for when u need to upshift in the corner (i cant think why u'd wanna downshift unless u selected the wrong gear on entry) the upshift is an extended paddle.

For track use and outright speed and control, i'd go for the F1. But for the majority of the scenarios and road use i'd go for the manual although they'd be nothing wrong in going for the F1 if u just used it on the road.

F1 'boxes may not be everybodies preference but in my opinion they are definately not a "gimmick", at least not the ferrari version.
mindgam3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 09:01 AM   #39
RC45
Regular User

See - now isn't just admitting there is a legitimate space for the 6-speed option in the lineup a welcome admission that both camps have a valid point of view..?

This is all we are asking for - as fans of "stirring" the transmission..
Old 09-08-2004, 09:29 AM   #40
mindgam3
Regular User

See - now isn't just admitting there is a legitimate space for the 6-speed option in the lineup a welcome admission that both camps have a valid point of view..?

This is all we are asking for - as fans of "stirring" the transmission..
lol, and who said otherwise?
mindgam3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 10:01 PM   #41
dons5
Regular User

mindgam3 nicely said