Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 05-17-2004, 09:39 AM   #1
pimrusis
Regular User

Default Funny cop story

I was doing 95 mph down a local motorway on friday night. The speed limit was 55. I blew past a cop who was on the median facing the other way. I pass him and I was like, "oh shit". Because he put on his reverse lights and backed into the shoulder. So in my impetous state I just mashed the gas.
I flew down the highway at about 120 mph on my way to an exit. A van saw me coming up on his tail, so it started to pull into the right lane and I was forced to pull half on the shoulder because he wouldn't have been out of the way in time. Right when I got to the top of the exit hill (which was long and straight) I saw the cop fly by on the highway with his lights on. It was intense.
pimrusis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 10:36 AM   #2
stracing
Regular User

i call bullshit!
stracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 02:35 PM   #3
sunnykw

http://www.yourethemannowdog.com/
Old 05-17-2004, 02:47 PM   #4
RC45
Regular User

Nice - maybe we can watch your next "escape" on Prime Time TV... :roll:
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 02:49 PM   #5
SPEEDKILLAR
Regular User

^^^^^^^hahahahaha

PICS or STFU j/k

Tariq Ali - Clash of Fundamentalisms

Blaire is a figleaf

Cars are my hobby, driving them is my passion.

Originally Posted by Dan\/6
damn speedkillar, if you didnt have a title already it would now say 'robofucker' or similar
SPEEDKILLAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 02:56 PM   #6
Tomerville
Regular User

haha if thats true, you're lucky...what car was that anyway?

"Time is a versitile performer: it flies, marches, heals all wounds, runs out and will tell"
-Franklin Jones

^The definition of grip. Nav+Bose (standard) Arctic Silver on Blue, Heaven on Earth. '05 911 Turbo^
Tomerville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 02:59 PM   #7
Anonymous

Did you not think maybe they got your plate- cos you'd be in real deep shit then :roll:
Old 05-17-2004, 03:32 PM   #8
kramerman
Regular User

Ah well.. if the cops got the plate, they would have to have pics too! haahah if not then just say the car was stolen and go get a good alibi...
kramerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 10:41 PM   #9
bobafett
Regular User

While I have never run from a cop, I have two friends who do it with regularity (one of them was talking about how out-braking a CHP in a GT2 and watching him sail by is fun....i say retarded) and I am continually amazed at how they get away with it.

You can't outrun the radio....

--Dan
Old 05-19-2004, 12:14 AM   #10
Garretts_turbo
Regular User

Originally Posted by bobafett
You can't outrun the radio....
yep...my grandpa was a county sheriff. one of his phrases is "you can outrun my crown vic, but not my motorola!"
Old 05-19-2004, 02:14 AM   #11
nejcdolinsek
Regular User

That has got to be a memory you'll remember for the rest of your life :shock:
Old 05-20-2004, 10:11 PM   #12
pimrusis
Regular User

Response to stuff:
1. You can call bullshit, have fun doing that
2. They definately didn't get my plates, because I was doing 90mph, and he would have had to duck down and swivle to see them because he was facing up slightly (the opposing roadway is elevated). Plus, PA doesn't have front plates.
3. Pictures before I saw J/K I was like, WTF.
4. Lincoln LS V8 with the sport package. Deep Grey in color, so kind of hard to see.
5. I'll probably remember nearly soiling myself when I saw those reverse lights come on.

P.S. It wasn't like a real high speed chase, once I passed him he never saw me again. It wasn't like the movies, where he is right on my tail. I bet I was at the exit before he hit the speed I was going when I passed him.
Old 05-20-2004, 10:19 PM   #13
pimrusis
Regular User

Oh yea, the radio thing... I figured that I could jump off at the exit, and there wouldn't be any cops in the immediate vacinity of it. Because the exit leads to a 4 lane road with lots of turnoffs, and my car doesn't look vastly different from other cars (its like a wannabe sleeper).

And I figured that I would have at least some deniability from the cops. This isn't the first time a cop has seen me do 90+ on the highway. Before though, I was doing about 110 and a cop saw me. Cept, he was so far behind that I didn't see him till I stopped about 2 miles up the road. He said he was doing 100 and I was pulling away from him. He also said that I was lucky, because if I didn't stop when I did he was going to call it in as someone trying intentially trying to avoid being caught. If he wouldn't have been so slow, then we probably wouldn't have had a problem... stupid crown vics.

Originally Posted by kramerman
Ah well.. if the cops got the plate, they would have to have pics too! haahah if not then just say the car was stolen and go get a good alibi...
That reminds me of another funny story. One time, one of my sisters friends was over my house, she parked her black Nissan maxima in front of my mailbox. My mailbox is on my street, and it is dark at night (no streetlamps). And this guy in a van, doing about 65 mph hit the back of it, and caused it to flip onto my driveway (there were rocks I think it used as a ramp). I didn't see the crash, or hear it because of my air conditioner, despite the fact that it apparently sounded like an explosion. My dad ran out of the house and followed the guy back to where he lived, which was a few blocks away. The guy had a hard time making it home because of the airbag trama. This guy, obviously, was completely drunk.
Well, the cops were called and my dad told him where he lived. The cops said that after he got home he tried to report the van stolen. He was still hammered when the cops took him away. This wasn't his first DIU.
Old 05-20-2004, 10:23 PM   #14
Anonymous

Originally Posted by pimrusis
Response to stuff:

2. They definately didn't get my plates, because I was doing 90mph, and he would have had to duck down and swivle to see them because he was facing up slightly (the opposing roadway is elevated). Plus, PA doesn't have front plates.
Ever heard of police having cameras in cars? :roll: [/b]
Old 05-20-2004, 10:27 PM   #15
pimrusis
Regular User

I didn't really think about that at the time, I just ran away. I still think because of the angle of his car, and the fact that he was facing the other way, it would have been hard for him to get my plates. So I am not too worried.

There were so many people getting pulled over that night. 6 that I saw, on that one highway. On the return trip I drove 55mph the whole way.