Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 07-15-2004, 05:33 AM   #1
chipanggo
Regular User

Default Shaq goes to Miami

it's final. after losing to the detroit pistons in the recent nba finals, shaquille o'neal has requested that he be traded out of the lakers. it seemed that he would go to dallas and team up with captain dirk nowitzki, but the miami heat have pulled of a master stroke and has signed the most dominant player in the nba. so for you nba fans out there, what do you think he can do to miami?
chipanggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 06:09 AM   #2
dingo
Regular User

The reason he didn't go to Dallas was because the Mavs wouldn't give up Nowitzki, so they wouldn't have teamed up.
The Heat gave up two good young players (Odom and Butler, plus veteran Brian Grant) to get Shaq who is getting old so it will take time to see if it was worth it. I think the Heat will now be among the top in the East (with Detroit & Indiana) but they lack depth since Dwayne Wade and Eddie Jones are the only recognised players they have to support Shaq.
The Lakers will most likely find out 2moro whether or not they will also lose Kobe Bryant who is deciding between them and the Clippers.
Its been a great offseason so far with guys like McGrady, S.Francis, S.Nash, Stackhouse, Q.Richardson and Boozer changing teams.
Old 07-15-2004, 02:35 PM   #3
Max Power

Shaq said that he didn't want to be traded and that he would love to stay in LA, he said that it was not his decision and that it was up to management. So 'if' or when Kobe leaves, well then I figure the owner wanted holesail changes and ripped apart the dinasty.....so in conclusion LA management are idiots and the fact that they got rid of the most dominant player of all time shows they are dumbasses....the end
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 05:25 PM   #4
fabro_s
Regular User

What I think?, It sucks, Shaq and Kobe are like Batman and Robin!

"Perfezione Leggera Italiana"
fabro_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 02:28 AM   #5
dingo
Regular User

Well Kobe has just signed with the Lakers, so they could still be a chance this year.
I disagree with what you wrote Max Power, Shaq was the one who requested a trade because he was upset over the management of the team and that he wasn't informed that Phil Jackson wasn't returning.