Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 01-07-2006, 10:58 AM   #46
Mopsdrops
Regular User

Ow damn that's so bad to hear , I woudn't have expected that, and that in such a short period. Cheers Jabba, TT, dan
Old 01-07-2006, 12:26 PM   #47
st-anger
Regular User

...iīve done "the one or other" thingy for JW myself but the one thing i definitely know is that my efforts are FAR AWAY from what guys like our leading team are doing every day - with my kinda tight timetable at work i thought iīm already spending quite some time here but what u guys are doing for us must be quite impossible to match
iīd like to thank u all as a team because a single person, just like in business, is nothing, itīs very sad to see team members leaving but iīm sure with the help of some of our core members and hopefully some fresh, new guys in the future we can keep on running our beloved JW as good as possible and iīm very confident on that, JW is full of great ppl and i think i neednīt name any specific names weīd all come up with at least 5 to 10 ppl who once helped us out and stuff
my respect to all of you and i think i neednīt add that u all can come up to me with ... whatever ... and iīll try to do my best - JW is worth it

that said iīd like to give my opinion on what (SFDM)Alex already pointed out in the Ferrari section as i see it more or less like he posted it there and iīd like to highlight our position a little more specifically - at least speaking for myself in the "Porsche Central" - itīs always great to get at least >some< feedback from the ppl but honestly i have to say that a simple "thank you", as nice as itīs meant and donīt get me wrong EVERYTHINGīs highly appreciated , is nothing compared to a decent conversation/discussion after someone posted something and especially in the "dedicated car sections" i think itīs the right and imo very best place for just talking, asking and if u like: learning - donīt be afraid to ask something even if u think your question is some kind "silly" or "lower level" no one knows everything and u neednīt be ashamed when u donīt know e.g. what a 964 is or whatever...
what i want to tell, just as Alex pointed out:

A simple thank you means a lot...

but when u read something like this...

:arrow: pages 11 and 12

...where members are in for a descussion, go into greater detail, learn from each other and by doing all this develop a good friendship, then this is all what i need to continue without asking for something at all including hundreds of "thank you" - regardeless how much of my little time will go into it
of course this^^^ is just a (recent) example of "what can we do to make JW a even better place" - a nice "thank you" is a start, conversations like seen in the link above is the future of JW, personally iīd like to invite u to keep that in mind and 2006 will be another great year here at JW

see u out there,

cheers,

st-A
Porsche 911
st-anger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 01:44 PM   #48
Stikz
Regular User

Hopefully, everything goes well, don't want to see this place fall apart, its become a home away from home, even without download access. Good luck Jabba and TT.
Stikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 02:17 PM   #49
DeMoN
Regular User

well the dust will settle and we all learned our lesson I hope, so lets just look ahead and enjoy JW.
Old 01-07-2006, 02:26 PM   #50
Jabba
Regular User

Originally Posted by Dan
Then theres the donations what a joke that is, but I'll take this opportunity to thank the few good people who found it in themselves to help a little (or a lot), YOU GUYS ROCK! , strangely (or not) most of you are the same people who ever bothered to make an effort and have made being part of this site a good thing.

Originally Posted by RC45
Well - hopefully the unwashed masses learn something from this - next time someone asks you for $5 to help keep your own freaking club going - don't go philisophical and look for a deeper meaning, just be a fucking man and give the damn $5.

I am about to ask Dan to remove the donation meter now and I just wanted to add that it is truly amazing although it shouldn't have been any real surprise that the people that have been complaining and moaning the most over the last few weeks have donated the least and in one particular case and IMO the worst offender has donated ZERO.

On the other hand the people that do more than enough for the site already have donated the most and in some cases over and over again.

Then theres those where money is very tight and yet have still managed to send something or where sending by pay pal was difficult others have helped out by allowing their private bank accounts to be used for collection purposes which I am sure is highly inconvenient but very helpful.

Apart from thanking everyone once again I am also very tempted to publish the donation list but I guess that might be adding fuel to the fire so once again the people that have donated loose out...except that they should know that they have done their bit for the site and that I know who you are and am very grateful for your help no matter how big or small.

I would also like to thank everyone that offered to send something in the mail, even though it hasn't been possible to accept these donations its the thought that counts as they say.

Lastly thanks to everyone that has donated both their time, video and picture media (inc the great banners) to JW...this is what the site is all about at the end of the day.
Jabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 04:57 AM   #51
ae86_16v
Regular User

Originally Posted by st-anger

. . .

:arrow: pages 11 and 12

...where members are in for a descussion, go into greater detail, learn from each other and by doing all this develop a good friendship, then this is all what i need to continue without asking for something at all including hundreds of "thank you" - regardeless how much of my little time will go into it
of course this^^^ is just a (recent) example of "what can we do to make JW a even better place" - a nice "thank you" is a start, conversations like seen in the link above is the future of JW, personally iīd like to invite u to keep that in mind and 2006 will be another great year here at JW

see u out there,

cheers,

st-A

^ That is exactly one of the reasons why I come here. I think overall it is a great community. Especially since most of the members are from Europe and other parts of the world outside US.

Most of the other forums I belong to we do not get that. Case in point, Bimmerforums, every single comment about cars is ways "Needs a drop, clears corners, and Lightweight wheels." There is no discussion, there is no reasoning, and it gets boring really quick. Not to mention that it is rice!

Here I get to see what other people "across the pond" are thinking, what their insights are. As a CAR enthusiast I could not hope for more.

Thanks again for keeping this place up and running Jabba.
ae86_16v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 03:01 AM   #52
blah
Regular User

So what did i miss?