Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 01-06-2006, 06:02 PM   #1
Jabba
Regular User

Default ** WE LOST ONE ADMIN LETS NOT LOOSE ANOTHER **

First I just want to say a big thanks to Dan for still helping out while I try to work out what the future of JW will be...along with TT.

Speaking of which I cant thank TT enough as he has been a real tower of strength today during one of our darkest hours...and he has already managed to put the much requested dl club back into operation. So BIG THANKS for that.

We are of course nowhere near as skilled as the super admin Dan so don't expect things to always work correctly or to be fixed immediately..I will do my best to try and think of work arounds to get those essential videos posted should we have any problems.

In the mean time lets just thank TT for all the time and work he does already and the fact that he and I will be working our asses off trying to get everything sorted out over the next few days...it was bad enough when there were three of us inc a super admin and now we are just down to two (unless I can get fishfreak to help out as well)

It would also be a big help if everyone tried to show some understanding and patience rather than leaving the site in a huff cause something wasn't working quite right for them....lets all try and pull together and carry on all the great work Dan has done here and make the site better than ever.

Rather than a dozen PM'S I will do my best to answer ANY questions anyone may have regarding the site in this thread only.

Thanks

Jabba
Jabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 06:09 PM   #2
yg60m
Regular User

That's why I resisted to PM TT when there were changes on the beginning of the year : to not annoy him, I supposed that there were a lot of other people to do that ...

Thank you for everything : Dan, Jabba, TT and fishfreek (busy now but he helped also a lot).
Old 01-06-2006, 06:15 PM   #3
ARMAN
Regular User

We are with you guys, if any help needed just scream out and those of us who is able to help will do so

If any screens nedded to make just let me know

As for question, any news if money I sent to po box Dan received, if you dont know it doest metter dont bother to answer, just dont want them to get lost

.................................................. .............................
"...free your mind and the body will follow..." - THE MATRIX
ARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 06:18 PM   #4
racer_f50
Regular User

While it's a shame that Dan stepped down, I have confidence that you can TT can pull this off, Jabba. There's no need to let it take over your lives, by any means, and I'm sure that all of the regulars will agree.

Thanks for all the hard work, hopefully it gets easier
racer_f50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 06:19 PM   #5
Jabba
Regular User

Originally Posted by yg60m
That's why I resisted to PM TT when there were changes on the beginning of the year : to not annoy him, I supposed that there were a lot of other people to do that ...

Thank you for everything : Dan, Jabba, TT and fishfreek (busy now but he helped also a lot).
Thanks very much for not leaving just yet Yann. You are a key media provider for the front page videos and I wish we had a few more people like you.

Perhaps if more people bothered to take a few seconds to vote or even comment on some of your videos then more people would start to submit them.

I think we are all going to have to improve BIG TIME on voting and commenting on front page videos from now on as this was one of many reasons why Allan and Dan decided to leave in the first place.
Old 01-06-2006, 06:22 PM   #6
ARMAN
Regular User

AL is gone too? :shock: Will they be around here?

.................................................. .............................
"...free your mind and the body will follow..." - THE MATRIX
ARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 06:23 PM   #7
sentra_dude

As always, thanks for all the hard work you guys do, we appreciate it!

------------
1992 Toyota Celica GT 5spd, intake.
sentra_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 06:24 PM   #8
ZfrkS62
Regular User

I will do my best to try and think of work arounds to get those essential videos posted should we have any problems.
IMO that is really kind of an overstatement. While the videos are what started JW and are part of the legacy, i really can't see how they are essential. I am sure we would lose alot of lurkers and leeches who will never contribute anything to the site at all if the videos made a permanent dissapearance, and we may lose one or 2 semi-active members, but i am fairly confident that the core of JW would remain. Especially those who have donated and waited paitiently for all the dust to settle, no matter what the outcome.

I've been wanting to learn a little of this coding that Dan always talked about so i could at least have some kind of understanding as to what it took to run/maintain/evolve something like this, and if in anyway it would help, i could try and help out a little with coding if i can grasp the concepts of everything. But since i don't know what it involves, or even where to begin (would one of those Programming for Dummies books work in this case? ) it would take a bit of time before becoming proficient at it.

For those that leave in a huff, i don't think they will really be missed as they are probably a large majority of the people who griped and got sand in their pussies over everything that has transpired. To them i say good riddance.

a little over a year ago i never thought i'd give a shit about a webforum. But after getting involved here..well, i think everyone within the core group understands that this is much much more than a webforum. It's more than a community. It's borderline civilization. And that in itself should be enough reason to back the leaders and have faith in what they do, wether or not you agree with it.

Cheers to Jabba, TT, Dan, Fishfreek, TransAm, RC45, Al, SFDMALEX, a007apl, St-Anger, Lakatu, and any other staffer i cannot remember ATM. You have all done an incredible job and i apologize for the lack of respect you've been shown from everyone else, including me.

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 06:26 PM   #9
Jabba
Regular User

Originally Posted by ARMAN
Sadly yes...and he was a very good uploader of front page videos and a very nice bloke that will be sadly missed and a great loss to JW.
Old 01-06-2006, 06:27 PM   #10
blinkmeat
Regular User

INDEED - a big CHEERS to you TT and to you Jabba

You're both institutions of savoir-faire
blinkmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 06:28 PM   #11
yg60m
Regular User

Originally Posted by Jabba
Sadly yes...and he was a very good uploader of front page videos and a very nice bloke that will be sadly missed and a great loss to JW.
I will miss the guy a lot Videos are only a (small) part of what he bring to the site ...
Old 01-06-2006, 06:28 PM   #12
Daggernite
Regular User

Take you time guys (jabba, TT) im sure no one exspects you to spend all your time fixing stuff, take it at a steady pace, everything is apprciated. I wish I could help somehow but I dont have a clue about running a site of this scale. I think recent events should make everyone relise we need to show our appreciation more.
Daggernite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 06:28 PM   #13
mendocino
Regular User

It might sound a bit stupid but I with you guys... whatever happens.
And I wanted to step on the occassion to thanks every admins of JW... I didn't thank them enough in the past... sadly. It's when hard things like that happens that we realize how precious and essential some people are...
I'm just happy that there is still life in JW!!!
Old 01-06-2006, 06:29 PM   #14
ZfrkS62
Regular User

Originally Posted by Jabba
Did i miss that announcement? :cry: Al is a great guy and i really hope there is a chance he may return, but if not, Al thanks a bunch for everything. You have been a great friend to everyone here, including me.

(hope he at least lurks and reads this)

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 06:30 PM   #15
Toronto
Regular User

AL gone too.....
black friday @ JW