Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 01-09-2006, 03:52 AM   #1
Toronto
Regular User

Default 18 Tricks to Teach Your Body

http://www.menshealth.com/cda/articl...3cd____&page=1

let me add 19 to the list

19. my grandpa told me when he was a little boy back in the old country (germany pre ww2) that in winter you would piss on your hands and hold them close to the fire so you want get dry cracked skin,

someone try and tell me if it works!
Old 01-09-2006, 04:10 AM   #2
nthfinity
Regular User

its fairly facinating on fixing a case of the 'dizzies' ..... i however, have my own remedy that has never failed me (unless i want it out makes for a longer (sleepwise) night)
Old 01-09-2006, 04:34 AM   #3
blinkmeat
Regular User

Default Re: 18 Tricks to Teach Your Body

Originally Posted by Toronto
http://www.menshealth.com/cda/article.do?site=MensHealth&channel=health&category =other.diseases.ailments&conitem=98f183b403517010V gnVCM200000cee793cd____&page=1

19. my grandpa told me when he was a little boy back in the old country (germany pre ww2) that in winter you would piss on your hands and hold them close to the fire so you want get dry cracked skin,

give me your hands
blinkmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 06:20 AM   #4
cooperluke
Regular User

Default Re: 18 Tricks to Teach Your Body

Originally Posted by blinkmeat
Originally Posted by Toronto
http://www.menshealth.com/cda/article.do?site=MensHealth&channel=health&category =other.diseases.ailments&conitem=98f183b403517010V gnVCM200000cee793cd____&page=1

give me your hands
Eeheheheheh.... we want to know the result of that experiment. And since you are both from Toronto... we don't accept any excuses.

cooperluke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 06:28 AM   #5
cooperluke
Regular User

This one is interesting...

--------------------------------------------
13. Thaw your brain!

Too much Chipwich too fast will freeze the brains of lesser men. As for you, press your tongue flat against the roof of your mouth, covering as much as you can. "Since the nerves in the roof of your mouth get extremely cold, your body thinks your brain is freezing, too," says Abo. "In compensating, it overheats, causing an ice-cream headache." The more pressure you apply to the roof of your mouth, the faster your headache will subside.

This used to happen to me, but I then discovered that if I drank a glass of water before starting to eat the big icecream, my head wouldn't hurt.

cooperluke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 02:24 PM   #6
Ziploc
Regular User

Originally Posted by cooperluke
This one is interesting...

13. Thaw your brain!

Too much Chipwich too fast will freeze the brains of lesser men. As for you, press your tongue flat against the roof of your mouth, covering as much as you can. "Since the nerves in the roof of your mouth get extremely cold, your body thinks your brain is freezing, too," says Abo. "In compensating, it overheats, causing an ice-cream headache." The more pressure you apply to the roof of your mouth, the faster your headache will subside.

This used to happen to me, but I then discovered that if I drank a glass of water before starting to eat the big icecream, my head wouldn't hurt.
Pulling the skin around your adams apple does wonders. You can the pain drain away.
Ziploc is offline   Reply With Quote