Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 07-28-2006, 03:00 AM   #61
number77
Regular User

Originally Posted by TNT
^^^but supras are some of the most durable cars out there, i have heard of 8-900 hp supras on stock bottom ends. :shock: that is impressive.
Supras are nice cars, but that is an exageration. People have gotten that power out of stock bottom ends on the dyno, but they don't drive around on the street with the boost turned all the way up.

The only cool thing about this car is the strength of its engine when compared to other imports.
That it....after that, it's just a money game. Kind dumb IMO to buy a 20-30k car, then dump thousands and thousand more into it, just to make is fast....especially since us American's have had a better solution, for many....many years....
number77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 08:05 AM   #62
pagani
Regular User

Yes some drive people around what 700 800 whp and the boost turned way up not all supra are dyno queen's.
A 2jz-gte will last pretty long and can take allot of abuse.
The white supra has never a run 7 sec 1/4 mile but it could do it but than it won't be street driven anymore just full on dragcar that never will see the street again.
I kown you could have insane fast us car for much less money but that's a diffrent story.

8)
pagani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 07:45 PM   #63
gobs3z
Regular User

Originally Posted by novass
Originally Posted by gobs3z
Yeah, you see this is the fastest unibody street driven supra. Street driven meaning it has a full interior...air bags, radio and all. For instance, Titan motorsports also has an 8 second Supra, but it is a fully gutted race car with purpose built drag suspension. This white Supra beat Titans car every time they raced (mind you they only had one good race since Titans car broke down in 3 other races). Marko's supra also has a stock suspension (maybe better bushings). So basically, if Marko set the car up as a drag car with a gutted interior and drag suspension then it would easily break into the 7's.
Thats the most retarted thing I have ever heard. I could make a Daewoo do 400mph if I strapped a jet engine to it. Dont get me wrong, 8.45 is damn fast for a street car and I am in no way saying this car is slow, but facts are facts. Its possible this thing wouldnt get into the 7s with the interior gutted, etc. and its also possible it would but that is neither here nor there.

Until it runs 7s, this is an 8.45 second car and there is no shame in that.

You're taking this too literally, all i'm doing is complementing the drivetrain set-up. And for RC, the fastest C5 runs 8.49. Paul Ziajski's C5 can't even beat this car even though it's 400lbs. lighter. Until you find a faster C5, keep the ricer talk to yourself.

"If we could read the secret histories of our enemies, we would find in each story enough sorrow and suffering to disarm all hostility." Longfellow
gobs3z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 08:22 PM   #64
RC45
Regular User

You're taking this too literally, all i'm doing is complementing the drivetrain set-up. And for RC, the fastest C5 runs 8.49. Paul Ziajski's C5 can't even beat this car even though it's 400lbs. lighter. Until you find a faster C5, keep the ricer talk to yourself.
8.45 vs 8.49

Neither car is a 7 second car.

period.

To say "this car will run x if you do y is a rcier statement.

Period.

Until you find a Supra that can run well on a road course without $20,000 in chassis mods keep the ricer-ricer talk to yourself
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 08:51 PM   #65
T-Bird
Regular User

Yeah Pagani and a Honda B,D,K and H series engine will take a fuck load of abuse and last to the end of days along with an SBC or a DOHC mod-motor. So you can't say that it is a one of a kind super strong engine that will last forever. Typically any well developed engine will last foreverwhen it is regularly serviced ormore importantly properly maintained for its conditions.
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 09:02 PM   #66
novass
Regular User

You're taking this too literally, all i'm doing is complementing the drivetrain set-up.
I didnt think I was taking this too literally especially when you say:

I hope everyone realizes this is a 7 second car.
All I was gettin at was whether or not this really was a 7 second car, not what it theoretically could be.

"Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
-Mahatma Gandhi
novass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 09:04 PM   #67
novass
Regular User

You're taking this too literally, all i'm doing is complementing the drivetrain set-up.
I didnt think I was taking this too literally especially when you say:

I hope everyone realizes this is a 7 second car.
All I was gettin at was whether or not this really was a 7 second car, not what it theoretically could be.

"Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
-Mahatma Gandhi
novass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 02:58 AM   #68
gobs3z
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45

Until you find a Supra that can run well on a road course without $20,000 in chassis mods keep the ricer-ricer talk to yourself
Yeah, you throw the Supra in the can and buy an RX-7.

"If we could read the secret histories of our enemies, we would find in each story enough sorrow and suffering to disarm all hostility." Longfellow
gobs3z is offline   Reply With Quote