Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > What You Saw Today

What You Saw Today Got a camera or camcorder ?? Why not put it to good use and show us what you have captured with it today !!!

Old 08-03-2004, 01:16 PM   #1
rachaderua

Default Some photos of the Interlagos RaceTrack, totally exclusive

Hello guys...now i will post some pics i had taken myself inside the circuit of Interlagos, one of the F1 season. I can´t find words to describe my emotion inside there...it was just a dream come true....i loved and was addicted to the track for years and years and so i could get inside there walking by foot, thing that i couldn´t when i had trackday there driving my friend´s A3 because the track was with cars running, so i could not get inside the track on foot but it was another big dream realized also ... I would say that in both times it was better than when i lost my virginity, at least for me, because racing and driving is my life, and i can´t describe how important for me this is

But this time i could know almost each corner i always wanted to, i couldn´t take pics of the whole track because when i got inside the track, i could walk about 30 minutes and so some races had started, so i had to watch them sitted in the grass on the track, more exactly in the Opposite straight, right before the corner called "Descida do Lago". But next time i will try to get a full lap in the circuit recording all the corners very precise.

I can´t comment each photo because i would stay writing hundreds and hundreds of lines describing how they are...so just see and try to imagine, ii tried to take the photos with a "real" view of how the track is.

By far my prefered corner there is the first one, the "S do Senna" corner, wich is the most technique and tough in the circuit...it is made at about 130-140 km/h in F1 cars, and i would say the lateral g forces are toooooooo strong in your body, i can say this because i had already gave 1 fast lap there, it was in an Audi A3 in a trackday and i could get some strong lateral g forces...this corner is very tricky cause you want to enter there in full gas...u can´t because it´s a little of hairpin in the beggining, in the first left hander, so u have to let the car get inside without accelerating and just shifting the car´s weight to the center as soon as you can, to right after apply him full gas and get a little of understeer(or oversteer if you prefer) in the right hander and later in the left, in the exact moment u get the Sol corner, the long left and fast hander....

It´s was also very cool to walk in the S do Senna corner because i could feel how deep and downhill the corner is..in games or even in TV u can´t see how chalenge it is, it´s not too big as i had imagined when i was there in 2003 to watch the F1 or just when i had a trackday because i gave just 1 lap and i was very excited. It´s a little narrow and very tough, because of this it´s needed very technique driving and also fear-free driving(reckless i would say) to get there in the limits or just in the fastest way you can....But the track overall is just the same as it is in the F1 2002 or just in another F1 games...

It´s awesome in another words, as you guys can see bellow :

The pics were taken with a Sony DSC V1 5.1 megapixels if i am not wrong, my friend´s camera, in a 32 MB memory stick

Hheheh here i am the first from left to right, with the gray t-shirt, the taller about 1,93 m (don´t know in feets)

"My paradise is not a warm beach, but an empty racetrack."
rachaderua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 01:35 PM   #2
rachaderua

fuck maintance..the track is just well maintaned in F1....what really matters is the track and not a good grass...if u want good grass go to a golf field 8)

the track overall is very good

Old 08-03-2004, 04:18 PM   #3
360modena
Regular User

Thanks rachaderua, never saw Interlagos from those angles. So Everso is right, it doesn't look very clean and I'm surprised about it...
but it doesn't really matter, this track is mythic and thank for the pics it's rare .

The Senna S seems to be very tighter than I thought :shock:, can't believe they go so fast in it.
360modena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 04:23 PM   #4
TT
Regular User

Very nice pics! Yes maybe not super well kept track of the world, but a nice one, the pics are cool
Old 08-03-2004, 06:44 PM   #5
rachaderua

haha thanx guys...i am happy that you guys liked it...the track maintance wasn´t too good, but this not really matters, the chalenge of a fast lap and the adrenaline is what really matters there...i had took more pics in the same day but they stayed in my cousin´s memorystick so i will try to get the pics with him later....

360modena: yeah i can´t belive how can they go there that fast, u have to very get in used before going in the limits(or beyond) there...i know this personally because as i sad i gave a lap there, just 1 lap but it was very fast taking in consideration that i had never drived there and i just knew the whole track from games and TV races, it´s one of the most chalenging tracks in the world....

but well, as soon as i took more pics i will post here for sure... :