Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Ferrari

Ferrari Everything related to the Prancing Horse goes in here!

Old 09-07-2004, 12:23 AM   #1
miurasv
Regular User

Default F430 6 speed true manual?

Is the ferrari f430 being offered only with the F1 transmission? Or is it available with the 6 speed?
miurasv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 03:58 AM   #2
5vz-fe
Regular User

^I couldn't agree more. I know that majority of 360 owners opt for the F1 box option, but those minority manual owners are the true car enthuisat who enjoy the pleasure of driving and shifting. If Ferrari is making F430 F1 only, it will upset quite a few ppl.
Old 09-07-2004, 05:18 AM   #3
dropot2
Regular User

Originally Posted by dani_d_mas
I've read that it will only be offered with the semiautomatic gearbox seen in the Stradale. I think there shloud be at least a manual box option if you want... but selling only the F1 box is a mistake IMO. You heard Jay Leno... "I haven't bought an Enzo because of the box, I prefer the CGT"...
Completely agree...the F1 paddles will never have the elegance of a manual box IMO
________
XJR-14

Last edited by dropot2; 02-10-2011 at 07:02 PM.
dropot2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 07:00 AM   #4
mindgam3
Regular User

Im fairly positive there will be a manual option.... i dont see how they cant sell it without the manual
mindgam3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 07:23 AM   #5
Ford Capri 2.8i
Regular User

Im fairly positive that there will be the manual option....once the semiautomatic gearbox is aimed to non pure car enthusiast(ferrari was obligued to spread its market to this kind of people since 1990 approx. for the ferrari survival on the market)...and the ferraris purpose have been always to make rude cars for pure car enthusiasts.....the grille manual gearbox(alongside Lamborghini) has been always the distintive element which has given to ferrari a lot of prestige (similar to the red colour, the non confortable image of the ferrari, the magnificient sounds, the hard pedals...) during many years....as a result.....in order to maintain the sportive make gained with a lot of hard work...im certainly confident that ferrari will offer the manual option
Ford Capri 2.8i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 07:48 AM   #6
mindgam3
Regular User

bullshit is the semi aimed at non pure car enthusiasts. The semi has been developed from F1 racing and the only reason ferrari put it in their road cars is for performance only. The fact that most people who aren't pure car enthusiasts buy this because it has an auto option is simply a side effect.....
mindgam3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 09:09 AM   #7
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by mindgam3
bullshit is the semi aimed at non pure car enthusiasts. The semi has been developed from F1 racing and the only reason ferrari put it in their road cars is for performance only. The fact that most people who aren't pure car enthusiasts buy this because it has an auto option is simply a side effect.....
See.. I told you..

It's a mediocre semi-auto people moving taxi aimed at yuppies.. When are they gonna make a real car again...??
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 09:09 AM   #8
rob_e1
Regular User

Autocar 7th Sept 04:

"As with the 360 there are two transmissions, one a conventional six-speed manual, the other the paddle-shift F1 automated clutch system"
rob_e1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 12:34 PM   #9
bmagni
Regular User

Originally Posted by dani_d_mas
Thank God they finally also offer a manual box... But it's a bit dissapointing that everytime that Ferrari releases a new model, all the car enthusiasts are nervous because of "there will be a manual box?". See the Enzo and the Stradale... I'm afraid one day a Ferrari will come without manual, even in option
i dont think they will ever stop producing cars without manual option, as for the Enzo and Stradale, the transmission is there for pure performance as mindgam says...

Originally Posted by RC45
See.. I told you..

It's a mediocre semi-auto people moving taxi aimed at yuppies.. When are they gonna make a real car again...??
its not as mediocre as a cheap automatic vette
bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 12:39 PM   #10
nejcdolinsek
Regular User

Old 09-07-2004, 12:48 PM   #11
Ford Capri 2.8i
Regular User

Ive got the same concerns as you dani about the fact that its possible that ferrari will not give even the option of a manual gearbox in the future,....and this decision will dissapoint almost every pure car enthusiast........

IMO Ferrari must have offered the manual option for every ferrari model, including the special models such as the Challenge Stradale and the Enzo
Ford Capri 2.8i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 12:57 PM   #12
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by nejcdolinsek
I wouldn't know - I have a short-shifter equipped 6 speed manual transmission.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 12:57 PM   #13
Toronto
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
Originally Posted by mindgam3
See.. I told you..

ya i guess the fact that a f1 paddle shift gear box is better on a track makes it less of an enthusiasts car right

but a manual is better IMO
Old 09-07-2004, 02:13 PM   #14
racer_f50
Regular User

Originally Posted by toronto
ya i guess the fact that a f1 paddle shift gear box is better on a track makes it less of an enthusiasts car right

but a manual is better IMO
i completely agree. having that F1 box could probably save some valuable time on tracks with how fast they shift. i'd like to see someone manually shift in under 350 miliseconds (i think thats right).

for pure involvment and enjoying a nice drive on a twisty public road though, i'd choose the 6 speed manual any time.
racer_f50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 02:27 PM   #15
noliebro
Regular User

I am almost positive they will provide both

In a Porsche 911, you're going to have a very good time actually driving the thing, but everyone is going to hate you. They're going to give you dirty looks as you drive by, call you names at the lights, vandalise your paintwork in the night and never, ever let you out of a side turning. That's a given.

In the Vantage, everyone's going to want your babies.
-J.C.
noliebro is offline   Reply With Quote