Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos

Old 09-23-2004, 03:48 PM   #1
corvette97
Regular User

Default Cd Burning program, advice needed!

hello to all, i have a new problem now, i wanted to burn a few cds with wav music, i used nero and grabbed my selected mp3's and burned them as a music cd (wav format) but somehow they dont play, and nero has fucked many new cds right now, so any of you guys could tell me a good program that i could use? that i could find in download.com? i have searched and installed a few but they are crap, thanxs in advance to all!!
Old 09-23-2004, 04:37 PM   #2
abbor
Regular User

Maybe your cd's are crap?
My Nero works perfectly..
DL from Suprnova if you need a newer version...
abbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 04:40 PM   #3
antonioledesma
Regular User

Default Re: Cd Burning program, advice needed!

Originally Posted by corvette97
hello to all, i have a new problem now, i wanted to burn a few cds with wav music, i used nero and grabbed my selected mp3's and burned them as a music cd (wav format) but somehow they dont play, and nero has fucked many new cds right now, so any of you guys could tell me a good program that i could use? that i could find in download.com? i have searched and installed a few but they are crap, thanxs in advance to all!!
It your nero an official/original copy or a bootleg?
If it's a bootleg your copy has expired, if not, sorry, but no more help from me...I'm a dumb in computers
antonioledesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 06:48 PM   #4
5vz-fe
Regular User

antonioledesma, I don't think there's difference from bootleg and orginal version as they all downloaded from the nero website. It is just that bootleg version came with their own key generator. As long as Nero accept your serial, it shouldn't expire or anything.

corvette97, my Nero is version 6.3x...and it burns wav into audio CD just fine, so I guess maybe some of ur other programs might have screw up the dll files somehow. My suggestion is download the Nero 6.3x from the ahead.com website again. (if you require a working serial, send me a PM ) Hope this helps.
But of course there's also chance that ur CD is crappy, but that is highly unlikely.
Old 09-23-2004, 09:23 PM   #5
antonioledesma
Regular User

Originally Posted by 5vz-fe
antonioledesma, I don't think there's difference from bootleg and orginal version as they all downloaded from the nero website. It is just that bootleg version came with their own key generator. As long as Nero accept your serial, it shouldn't expire or anything.
as I knew sometime ago, bootleg versions stopped working after a while of good cd burning jobs. I have seen a pair of laptops that had no problems, and on day stopped working, just like when your trial, etc. end.
. Some say that the nero program logs into the website and checks for the serial, and the nero webpage disables the program in your computer.
Of course it was and still is gossip with some colleague students and my pirate/bootleg supplier, so I don't know the truth 100%
Old 09-23-2004, 11:14 PM   #6
5vz-fe
Regular User

^well, if that is true, one can always solve that problem by setting a rule on ZoneAlarm (but of coursee, my Zonealarm is also bootleg ver..LOL)
Old 09-23-2004, 11:40 PM   #7
antonioledesma
Regular User

^^ or maybe vette97 is doing things wrong, i.e. listening to music, doing other things in his pc when he's burning his cds (seen that... seen others so I could believe in almost every story with computers)
Old 09-23-2004, 11:43 PM   #8
tigerx
Regular User

i don't think one piece of software on my computer was legally purchase, LMFAO.

but i've use nero for like 2 years now and it's always working find for me.

try using easy Cd creator or something.
Old 09-23-2004, 11:46 PM   #9
corvette97
Regular User

first my cds are not crap, mine are specially for audio recording. i dont see a problem since i just burned a couple of cd just minutes before the failure. i stop doing every thing on my comp when i burn, i close every thing. i will update my copy, see wat happens! thanxs!

edit: might be a chance that the mp3 file is messing the cd? all the mp3 are clean and sound perfect, and all the files are mp3s comverted to wav
Old 09-24-2004, 12:32 AM   #10
jamberl
Regular User

Originally Posted by corvette97
first my cds are not crap, mine are specially for audio recording. i dont see a problem since i just burned a couple of cd just minutes before the failure. i stop doing every thing on my comp when i burn, i close every thing. i will update my copy, see wat happens! thanxs!

edit: might be a chance that the mp3 file is messing the cd? all the mp3 are clean and sound perfect, and all the files are mp3s comverted to wav
Are you sure you're burning the correct type of CD? Ive got nero and it always works.

After you burn the CD's, where are you testing them? On a CD player or on your computer?
jamberl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 01:32 AM   #11
RC45
Regular User

Are you converting the MP3 files to WAV then burning CD's to play in a CD player?

If so - you need to burn them as MP3 files to play in an MP3-enabled CD player - or burn the files as an Audio CD (which is not the same as WAV files) in order to play on a CD player. (that can read burned CD's)

Where are you planning on playing the CD's?
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 11:05 AM   #12
corvette97
Regular User

i have my mp3 files in my computer, then i select the music cd option, i drag and drop all my mp3, and automatically nero converts them in wav files (thats what i thought), and then i burn them in a audio recording blank cd, then i try them in my stereo here at home, since im gonna be using them in my car or home stereo.

the strange thing is i just burned a couple of mp3s as a audio cd and they did just fine they played right in my stereo, i revised that the mp3 files are correct and they are ok, so im getting pissed off :x

help me guys!
thnxs!
Old 09-24-2004, 11:10 AM   #13
initiala4
Regular User

Did you try simluation before burning it?
initiala4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004, 11:15 PM   #14
chipanggo
Regular User

try playing the cds you burnt in different stereo systems. there are some cd players that don't want to read cdr copies.
chipanggo is offline   Reply With Quote