Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 11-02-2004, 08:54 PM   #1
ZfrkS62
Regular User

Default My bird and dogs(1-6-06 Evil Dogs!)

This is my Senegal, Jester. He just finished bathing in his water dish so his feathers look a little odd. I'll post a few more after he dries out.

no he doesn't speak but his imitations are numerous and annoying:

Microwave, Telephone, House alarm, my mom's canary (not the full 5 minute song, just the short chirps before hand), he tries calling the Schnauser's name (Rudy)but only has the syllables, not the word.

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 10:40 PM   #2
666fast
Regular User

Birds rule, I wish mine hadn't died. :cry: I loved wtahcing my bird bathe only because it looked hilarious.

Cool bird Zfrk!
Old 11-02-2004, 10:45 PM   #3
SilviaEvo
Regular User

Originally Posted by 666fast
Birds rule, I wish mine hadn't died. :cry: I loved wtahcing my bird bathe only because it looked hilarious.

Cool bird Zfrk!
i miss my bird too she died. :cry: :cry: :cry:
Old 11-02-2004, 11:09 PM   #4
ZfrkS62
Regular User

Thanks guys, I've had him since 8th grade. hopefully he'll stick around for a few more years. when you live alone it's kind of nice to have someind of noise other than the TV

the dry version

Old 11-02-2004, 11:17 PM   #5
Jabba
Regular User

You always have JW as well as your very nice bird and the TV
Jabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 11:30 PM   #6
666fast
Regular User

when you live alone it's kind of nice to have someind of noise other than the TV

LOL, I took care fo my sisters Quaker Parrot for awhile. Bastard was loud as hell!
A high pitched shriek, you'd think something was trying to kill it.
Old 11-02-2004, 11:54 PM   #7
ZfrkS62
Regular User

You always have JW as well as your very nice bird and the TV
true, but unless i'm playing a vid, JW doesn't make much noise. JW serves as intelligent conversation, which the bird doesn't provide

LOL, I took care fo my sisters Quaker Parrot for awhile. Bastard was loud as hell!
A high pitched shriek, you'd think something was trying to kill it.
did the quaker ever play "help! i'm caught in my chew toy"? talk about a loud game

Old 11-03-2004, 12:11 AM   #8
666fast
Regular User

did the quaker ever play "help! i'm caught in my chew toy"? talk about a loud game
Nope, just the "where the fuck are you" and "let me the hell out of the cage"
Of course, to shut him up, you let him out. Which means paying attention to him as he'd get into anything possible.
"hey, there is a bag of bird seed in that closet! I'm gonna bite hole in the bottom of the bag and then push it off the shelf!"

bastard

BTW, he loved Crunch Berries! LOL
Old 11-03-2004, 12:58 AM   #9
ZfrkS62
Regular User

letting them out when sqwaking only reinforces the yelling. i cover mine with a blanket. "where'd the lights go? shit, it's passed my bedtime" when in reality it's 3 in the afternoon

Old 11-04-2004, 02:09 AM   #10
SilviaEvo
Regular User

my bird wasnt a very talkative person but my sisters bird was it always tried to talk. here is a picture of my bird. damn i miss her so much :cry: :cry: :cry:
Old 05-27-2005, 08:26 PM   #11
ZfrkS62
Regular User

My Mini Schnauzer, Rudy aka Furball. we got him Christmas Eve 2000 (Rudy=Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer..don't blame me, my mom named him)
He was only about 9 weeks old when we got him and he sat perfectly in the palm of my hand. He is the result of trying to flirt with the girl behind the counter at the pet store (i got something out of it but not what i was going for ) we were getting bird food for the three feather dusters and were about to check out, when i spotted him staring at us (pure black at the time, i thought he was a scottish terrier). When the girl asked if that was going to be all (the bird food) my smart ass had to pipe up and say "as long as my mom doesn't turn around." Well, she turned around and 5 minutes later was telling me to say hello to my new little brother :roll:

definetly male, it didn't take him long to start burrowing down my girlfriend's shirt and sitting on her ass while we were laying on the floor watching tv

Modeling my hat 8)

Girls love this pic for some reason:

I seem to have inherited Rudy in the last couple of months since mom suddenly wants a damn chihuahua (someone please convince her not to, i can't seem to do it ) and my step dad doesn't want more than 3 dogs in the house at a time, and Rudy spends all his time about 2 feet away from me whenever i go home.

Xena aka Leaping Antelope:
This is my sister's Mini Schnauzer. She got her for her birthday in 2003 and probably didn't touch the ground for the first 3 months since my sister carried her everywhere Be warned however, if you sit down, your lap will be claimed as hers within 2 seconds..wether or not she was around when you sat down. I swear, she can hear a seat cushion squish from 100yds If you walk by with a sock half hanging off your foot, it won't be there by next step as both Schnauzers have a thing for socks. Xena is the only one fearless enough to steal it off your foot

She is a ball of energy and had to be restrained by my mom for these pics since she is obbsessed with playing with Furball..and by that i mean 3 bounds across the kitchen to the living room and biting at his ears shes the one without the bandana (she had already ripped it off in the car on the way home from getting groomed)

Sarah aka the Whiner-einer:
My stepdad's 11 year old Weimeriener kind of a weird dog. The worst of all of them when it comes to being an attention whore, but Xena isn't far behind. If you tell her to go find her ball, she'll cock her head to the side and set off on a 15 minute mission to find a ball (not the brightest crayon in the box ) her and Furball were inseperable playmates until Xena came along (he still loses )
She is the only one that will chase squirrels and goes absolutely bananas when she sees them. However if you take all 3 of them for a walk, someone is bound to call the ASPCA on your ass because Rudy and Xena will try and stretch out an 8 foot leash to 11 just to greet someone across the street, choking themselves out in the process :roll:

only pic i have of her, sorry

Old 05-28-2005, 12:17 AM   #12
Aleighy
Regular User

I want a mini schnauzer. If i remember correctly, you already said I could have one And Rudy is just the cutest. Sarah on the other hand seems a bit camera shy (take the hat off next time, silly). I'm sure we'll get a decent pic of her soon enough. Of course, she's not all that far from me, maybe I should just go introduce myself? haha, I'd be dead, I know it, you'd strangle me

>BONK<
Aleighy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 09:52 PM   #13
ZfrkS62
Regular User

>sigh< she ignored me and my stepdad and got the damn rat dog, so meet Harley (yes, after Harley-Davidson) Xena has gotten into the habit of stealing his food and has plumped up 7 lbs to 18lbs since she got him :roll: he apparently tries to play with the Schnauzers but they're too quick for him. he's about 1/6th Xena's size, so you can imagine how funny it must be.

Old 10-21-2005, 03:32 AM   #14
TT
Regular User

Although I think the perfect owner for such a dog is Paris Hilton, I have to admit it is still something cute, especially in this picture
Old 10-21-2005, 08:17 PM   #15
ZfrkS62
Regular User

everyone i talk to thinks they are too toyish her whole argument was that she wanted something small around the house that she could take care of :roll: (veiled hint that she is ready for grandkids ) apparently the dog sleeps on her shoulder when she is in the recliner. I just hope i don't sit on the damn thing when i go home