Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos > Videogames

Old 11-07-2004, 06:26 PM   #1
jon_s
Regular User

Default GT4....will it be delayed for the ps3??

Well, I like many here am looking forward to the relase of said game. I am going to pre order my copy soon-ish. However, a phone call to a mate disturbed me slightly: =THIS COULD BE BS= He was saying that there is a possibility that Sony would consider re-writing it for the ps3??? He seems to be of the opinion that it may never come out on the ps2. I told him over the phone that I thought he was talking out of his arse......PLEASE tell me I am right!

--About to search through google......
jon_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 06:29 PM   #2
TT
Regular User

Well, in Japan it is official for Dec 3rd and my US copy should arrive around the 10-15.. definitely it will be on PS2... PD always delays, but GT4 will be for sure on this platform.. maybe not online, not even in 2005, but for sure they won't dump all the work done to start from scratch for the PS3
Old 11-07-2004, 06:30 PM   #3
abbor
Regular User

I think he's just talking about somethings he's picked up on some bullshit webpage...
If not, I think I just gonna boicot gt4, I'm sick of their delays..
abbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 06:35 PM   #4
jon_s
Regular User

I agree, having looked about, GT4 is coming out when they say it is. GT5 is for the ps3.

Although, (this may be common knowledge to most...but not me) the pictures that we are being fed are not of actual screen shots. They are all enhanced graphics. The game will look good, but not quite that good....the ps2 does have its limits!

However, the ps3 on the other hand will be able to sustain graphics like: :shock: :shock:

http://www.unrealtechnology.com/screens/p_bezerker.jpg

HOLY CRAP...
jon_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 06:35 PM   #5
Minacious
Regular User

I know for a fact that GT4 will be out for PS2. You have nothing to worry about.
Old 11-07-2004, 06:50 PM   #6
m3mys3lf4ndi
Regular User

hope so... coz im waitin for it as well - almost sick of Prologue - WANNA FULL VERSION!!

m3mys3lf4ndi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 06:57 PM   #7
Daggernite
Regular User

It would be stupid to scap gt4 for ps2 and go for the ps3. The code could be written for the ps3 but all the model like the cars n tracks would just be lost. I can garentee its comin out for ps2.
Daggernite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 07:09 PM   #8
tuffguy
Regular User

I just pre-orderd mine on Friday, and it's supposed to arrive in early December.

This is also the first time that I've seen advertisements for GT4 in print media - Maxim, Stuff, FHM.
tuffguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 07:24 PM   #9
DeMoN
Regular User

WOW that pic of bezerker is awsome! But.. its an unreal engine webpage, nothing to do with PS3 so where exactly did u get the info that PS3 will be able to manage that type of image?
Old 11-07-2004, 07:30 PM   #10
Sachmo12345
Regular User

no way because i saw the signs for it to be preordered today

Xbox Live Gamertag: sachmo12345
Sachmo12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 07:34 PM   #11
5vz-fe
Regular User

GT4 will help sell those PSTwo, so I highly doubt they will put it on PS3 and delayed it once again. PS has always known for its backwark compability, the PS3 will be able to play GT4.
Old 11-07-2004, 07:58 PM   #12
Evo
Regular User

My heart droped to my ass and then went back again when I read the topic..

And I don't think that is possible GT4 is designed for PS2 because everything is designed for it,... I mean month's and month's of preparation and in the last month they say delay it for PS3.. it's a bit hard to belive.
Old 11-07-2004, 08:28 PM   #13
T-Bird
Regular User

Originally Posted by 5vz-fe
GT4 will help sell those PSTwo, so I highly doubt they will put it on PS3 and delayed it once again. PS has always known for its backwark compability, the PS2 will be able to play GT4.
Why does everyone call it PStwo?
It's not called that. According to Sonystyle it's called the PS2 (70000)
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 09:32 PM   #14
Minacious
Regular User

Originally Posted by T-Bird

Why does everyone call it PStwo?
It's not called that. According to Sonystyle it's called the PS2 (70000)
It is a quick and easy way to discern between the two.
Old 11-10-2004, 01:47 AM   #15
Minacious
Regular User

November 09, 2004 - Three years in the making, and Gran Turismo 4 is finally done. Publisher Sony Computer Entertainment and developer Polyphony Digital held a party in Tokyo today to celebrate the completion of the game.

At the party, Polyphony president Kazunori Yamauchi gave out final stats for the game, including some staggering numbers. Some of these were announced before, but some of them weren't, so listen up! First, GT4 really is huge. The game makes use of a dual layered DVD, totaling, Yamauchi revealed, over nine gigabytes of data.
Where does all that data go? That's where the cars come into the picture. Licenses from 80 car makers throughout the world (but lacking car makers from India, we'll point out) are featured in GT4. Taking into account all cars, including concept cars, historical cars, race cars and cars from year 2005 and beyond, the game has over 700 total (we're sure Yamauchi knows the exact number, but he's just being shy). This includes, Yamauchi revealed today, the new BMW 3 Series, which makes its debut in the game prior to its 2005 real-life release.

Finally, some course news. The fifty courses from the game include a previously unrevealed one: the new Fuji Speedway '05 course, which is set to open (in real life) in April of 2005. There are still a number of courses that haven't been officially revealed, so it looks like we'll have to wait until we get the final version of the game to see what's in there.

All this should add up to the biggest driving experience ever. We'll have lots more leading up to the game's 12/3 Japanese release.