Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > What You Saw Today

What You Saw Today Got a camera or camcorder ?? Why not put it to good use and show us what you have captured with it today !!!

Old 02-01-2007, 06:30 PM   #1
komotar
Regular User

Default Photoshoot, Opel Astra OPC

When I have time to post, I really have time to post, lol

Ok, this car really is brutal.

240HP, but it's really hard to get them on the road.

Comparrison with the others you ask?

Golf GTI is to civilised, too calm, too gentle
The Seat leon FR and I doubt the cupra will be any different character wise... anyway, the FR is a bit too nice, it goes well, bit it's not a hooligan...

The focus ST? Well, the ST really is the best of both worlds, the hooligans and the angles....and it has a glorious sound...and engine..

The car that comes closest to the OPC just by talking character is the Megane RS. It's a bit mental, but this one is a bit mental and then some...

If you hit the gas in mid corner ever so gently, if the surface isn't really perfect (and it never is), it will do huuuge undeersteers....I must say we had bad and cold weather for a whole week, so the car didn't have the time to present itself in the best light...

the amount of power is very impressive and the car is stable in corners, it really grips well, but only if drive smartly...if not, you've got a blue lightning in your hands faster than you could say "oh sh..."

The seats are amazing, they hold the body in place better than any car in it's class. They are even too tight in the leg area (or I'm really getting fat)

The shoulder part also stays in place,which is often a problem in hot hatches, but in this car you can really count on the seats for the propper support.

Ths turbo whistless all the time, the tires are schreeching all the time, people are looking at you all the time, you're visiting petrol stations all the time and no matter what you're smilling all the time...

I quite liked this car, because it's a rebell and there's a lack of those latley...

About the photos, man were these tough to do. The weather was really sucking ass BIG time. Rain almost all the time, plus I had to assist the camera guy all the time, with the light and so on. And drive behind them from location to location during the shoot of the vid in a Volkswagen transporter...and I had to (or at least I tried) do good shots....

Taking the circumstances into concideration the photos are good, but I could do better, damn the baaaaad light, the fog, the rain, the cold and damn the volkswagen van....lol

Anyway, I also threw in a few off topic photos to liven things up a bit...

Hope you like what you see

oh I love this road...

this was probably god telling us we should get the hell out of there

hope you enjoyed the pics

http://avtomoto.siol.net/
komotar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 06:32 PM   #2
MartijnGizmo
Regular User

Bad light? Just substitute you own. I still think you did a good job!
Old 02-01-2007, 06:40 PM   #3
komotar
Regular User

Originally Posted by MartijnGizmo
Bad light? Just substitute you own. I still think you did a good job!
thx 8)

well, easier said than done....it was hectic the whole day, I was going mental...I'll be on this tho....got to make myself life easier

http://avtomoto.siol.net/
komotar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 06:44 PM   #4
Stoopie
Regular User

Location: United Provinces of the Kingdom of Great Netherlands

Nice car, even better road! And once again, great pictures!
Stoopie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 07:03 PM   #5
TT
Regular User

Your impressions about this car kinda match mines :good:

The pics, as always are top notch, despite the bad weather, buy hey, sunny pics are boring after a while
Old 02-01-2007, 07:19 PM   #6
TopGearNL
Regular User

Great pics like always Komotar!

Damn I love your approach just like MartijngizmoŽs, you 2 are the Men!

Nice car and nice surroundings!

IŽd still have the ST over this though!

Whats with the rims, I mean I thought the Astra OPC had different rims, or are tey optional :bah:
Old 02-01-2007, 07:31 PM   #7
gis
Regular User

Nice pics mate,the astra is one of those cars i always come back to wanting and i dont know why,the golf and leon are probably the easiest to drive quick out of the latest hatchbacks,being civilised with there 200hp,the focus ST having the whats been said to be the best ammount of power for a FWD well that being 220hp the ST havin 225,but the astra with 240 and as you say can make you understeer quite easily and ive witnessed a VXR driver do that on a round-a-bout in my town,so although its harder to drive quick,has a shed load of power and torque for a FWD,can make you understeer with the slightest touch............i seem to put it near the top of my "wanted" list for the latest hatchbacks,lol

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/5803/dansigsp7.jpg
gis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 07:37 PM   #8
mrai
Regular User

Beautiful pictures, love the panning shots. Gorgeous scenery.
Old 02-02-2007, 05:27 AM   #9
EnzoLover
Regular User

Nice pics!

Nice road!

All nice!
Old 02-03-2007, 03:33 PM   #10
Wutputt
Regular User

Love the pics! Especially the rolling pics and the last foggy pics You did a great job yet again :good:
Wutputt is offline   Reply With Quote