Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 01-27-2004, 05:26 PM   #1
Porsche_Cayenne
Regular User

Default BMW vs Audi

Maybe u have already talked about it, but I'm new here and I'd like to hear your opinions about this...

Seeing motors-look/image of Audi and BMW, which of these is the best (... sorry for my english....) ?
I think BMW has got a look very younger (3 series) and "sprinter...(!)" than Audi...
BMW's motors are most fast (I'm talking of 0-100 km/h too) than the Audi, right? Diesels too...
Anyway, here in italy a lot of people says that Audi rulez.... what do u think?

ciao
Old 01-27-2004, 05:31 PM   #2
TT
Regular User

Yeh there were already quite a lot of discussions about that and usually also Merc is considered... between Audi and BMW for me it would be very hard... I drive a BMW and I'm superhappy with it.. and I love Bangle's styling on the new models too... but Audis are great quality too, and the quattro AWD system is sure better than the one by BMW...
But well, older Bimmers like the 2002 are way more charming then old Audis maybe... but shit there is the original Audi Quattro!!! And both brands are successfull in racing..

Well, if I have to choose one, it would be BMW, but Audi is very very close!
Old 01-27-2004, 05:34 PM   #3
Porsche_Cayenne
Regular User

Uhm... so I think that the heart must decide ... I believe that I can say it in english... I've got a lot to learn

What do u think about my avatar...? (Considera che l' ho adattato alle misure con paint asdasdasdasdasd)

aloha
Old 01-27-2004, 05:35 PM   #4
godspeed06
Regular User

i like bmws the most, but i think audi is getting close.
godspeed06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 05:41 PM   #5
Porsche_Cayenne
Regular User

but my dad VW Passat is better than some A4 that I've seen.

THIS is interesting

See u tomorrow, here is 10:41 PM and my eyes are closing (?)...
aloha
Old 01-27-2004, 05:54 PM   #6
Matty
Regular User

isnt the vw the lower version of audi
Old 01-27-2004, 05:55 PM   #7
blah
Regular User

BMW all the way, is this really a question?
Old 01-27-2004, 07:35 PM   #8
Bavarias_Finest
Regular User

Originally Posted by dani_d_mas
I'm a bimmer... so BMW. Some Audis have the same steering-wheel than a Seat Ibiza, and that's not good if you want to be compared with BMW and Mercs...
Audis Quattro Plus makes it a far superior handling car than BMW or Mercedes.....a steering wheel design is irrelevant
Old 01-27-2004, 07:41 PM   #9
Bavarias_Finest
Regular User

Originally Posted by TT
Yeh there were already quite a lot of discussions about that and usually also Merc is considered... between Audi and BMW for me it would be very hard... I drive a BMW and I'm superhappy with it.. and I love Bangle's styling on the new models too... but Audis are great quality too, and the quattro AWD system is sure better than the one by BMW...
But well, older Bimmers like the 2002 are way more charming then old Audis maybe... but shit there is the original Audi Quattro!!! And both brands are successfull in racing..

Well, if I have to choose one, it would be BMW, but Audi is very very close!
It all comes down to opinion and what I am saying is just that, but in reply to Chris Bangles new designs......"YOU DONT FIX WHAT AIN'T BROKE," I believe he ruined BMWs look, and now Mercedes and Audi are pulling far ahead in the market. I know of 3 BMW owners who have already resorted to buying new model Mercedes and Audis over the new BMWs. None the less the mid 90s and old E30s are beautiful, but why in the hell would anyone trust the guy who use to design for Fiat.... (Fiat is a good car, dont get me wrong, but not the prettiest by any stretch of the imagination)
Old 01-27-2004, 07:41 PM   #10
cho_888
Regular User

BMW all the way i cant get enough of the M3 i just love looking at it. Its on of those cars that i will still love to have 20 years down the track
Old 01-27-2004, 07:45 PM   #11
Bavarias_Finest
Regular User

Originally Posted by dani_d_mas
The Quattro transmission is a point to be considered, and the new models seem to be diferent than other VAG models. May be they are getting closer... but my dad VW Passat is better than some A4 that I've seen.
VW and Audi are one in the same (VW owns Audi - Lambo....etc).....Passat is actually a higher end model considering it comes with a W8 in most cases and the A4 usually only has a 1.8T or 3.0 as of recently. Audi simply brings luxury and unmatchable handling.
Old 01-27-2004, 07:47 PM   #12
Bavarias_Finest
Regular User

Originally Posted by blah
BMW all the way, is this really a question?
BMW is fading fast.....sorry to say it.....performance is still there, but the styling that use to make it the buy over Merc and Audi is falling shorter than ever.
Old 01-27-2004, 09:06 PM   #13
blah
Regular User

not really, i like the new designs, especially the 6 series. Also we seem to forget what the McLaren F1 is powered by.
Old 01-28-2004, 12:03 AM   #14
snacky
Regular User

I'm a die hard 3 series fan/owner/driver cuz it's just so much easier and more fun to power out of a corner tail-out in a bmw than an audi.

if I wanted a quick 4wd car for snow purposes, I'd get a WRX/STI or Evo8.
if I were to get a luxury snow weather car, then I'd get an Audi,
Actually, if I were to drive in snow, I'd get a 4wd Expedition SUV so I can drive over snow mounds and not get stuck.
Old 01-28-2004, 02:39 AM   #15
novass
Regular User

Audi for me. im very happy with my A4. but to be completely honest, i wouldnt turn down a M3 or any other M car for that matter.

"Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
-Mahatma Gandhi
novass is offline   Reply With Quote