Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 02-03-2008, 11:21 PM   #1
xbeakerx
Regular User

Default The Hugest Upset In NFL History!

i cant believe the patriots lost! it was like it was at the beginning of the season. i'm pissed!
xbeakerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 11:27 PM   #2
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by xbeakerx View Post
i cant believe the patriots lost! it was like it was at the beginning of the season. i'm pissed!
I predicted the "revenge" factor, and the game was close... as close as it was for the last game of the season. I'm happy that the perfect year was not achieved. I didn't bet money, but I sure would've won more then a bit

The thing is... Eli Manning is a clutch player... so many times he needed to come through, he has.

Brady sure is unstoppable, but tomorrow, people will be talking about the sacks on Brady.

Great game as far as Grid Iron goes.... now when does Baseball season start? I don't want to have to wait til April
Old 02-03-2008, 11:32 PM   #3
xbeakerx
Regular User

yeah NY defense was on them like fleas on a dog...

i was hoping i would see a perfect season in my time... but maybe next year with the COWBOYS!!!
Old 02-03-2008, 11:39 PM   #4
ferrarif1fan89
Regular User

GOOOOOOOOO GIAAAAAANTS! I'm not a fan, but I am now, because the Dolphin's record still stand.

I'm a hardcore dolphin fan, btw.
Old 02-03-2008, 11:39 PM   #5
styla21
Regular User

Damn it, damn it, damn it.
What happened?........ The one NFL match I put a bet on... And was sitting so comfortably with only a couple minutes to go. Then, as the perfectly titled thread states: "The hughest upset in NFL history!"

Styla is crying...

(Props on the word Hugest in the thread by the way; that rocks! )
Old 02-03-2008, 11:50 PM   #6
HeilSvenska
Regular User

Thumbs up

That was an excellent game. I'm actually glad that the Giants won. Made for a very very exciting game. Patriots should've played better seeing how well the season went for them, but oh well.
HeilSvenska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 01:05 AM   #7
nthfinity
Regular User

OMGz!!!

Just heard the funniest thing... from some ESPN guy

apparently, since the underdog NY Giants beating the best team in NFL history gives hope to the Detroit LIONS.....

LMAO!!!!!!

Seriously!!!
Old 02-04-2008, 01:06 AM   #8
xbeakerx
Regular User

lol rotf!!!!
Old 02-04-2008, 01:28 AM   #9
79TA
Regular User

It's kinda cool the Giants won considering that it was the last year for that physical trainer that had been with the team since 1948. How insane is that?
79TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 02:46 AM   #10
ae86_16v
Regular User

Amazing game. All in all, I thought it was a lot better game than I expected it to be, especially since the Giants were coming in as HUGE (14 pts) underdogs.

The Giant's Defense was pretty damn good. Even if the Giants didn't win, I thought this was an excellent game over all. Still when Brady had the ball with 40 seconds left, I wouldn't have discounted him.

Great game!!!
ae86_16v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 02:54 AM   #11
nthfinity
Regular User

watch it....

tomorrow, the talk of the town is going to be that Brady was sacked left and right... the Giants Defense had weak coverage (evident when Brady could fire away before the sack) , but had the blitz going unbelievably well!
Old 02-04-2008, 02:45 PM   #12
m_weinerich
Regular User

GOOO Giants!! Honestly as a ex-football player i thought the game was pretty sloppy for what it could have been. I would of loved them to go out and score more, commercials were very funny tho...
m_weinerich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 01:40 PM   #13
HeilSvenska
Regular User

It's official. 97.5 million (at least in the US) people watched the Super Bowl XLII, making it the second most watched show in the US History (and probably the world).

"The game's audience peaked at more than 105m during the contest's last phase... while some 143 million Americans are estimated to have watched at some point."

"In the UK, unofficial overnight figures showed an average of 700,000 people tuned in for the first three-and-a-quarter hours of coverage on BBC Two, with a further 173,000 watching on Sky Sports 1... At the end of the match, some 300,000 people were watching on BBC Two at 0300 GMT."

-BBC

Not only was the game a hugest upset from what happened, it's also hugest in that so many people watched it.

It was a good game, despite the sluggish start, and Tom Petty was awesome.
HeilSvenska is offline   Reply With Quote