Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 07-17-2003, 12:19 AM   #1
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Default Installing Addon Cars for Vice City Tutorial.

Well all of the cars for Vice City and GTA3 aren't actually addons, they are replacement cars. Im writing this tutorial because alot of people are having problems with the automatic installers.

1. First thing you need to do is go and download the IMG TOOL. http://www.fileplanet.com/dl.aspx?/3...Builder014.zip

2. Go and UNCHECK the "read only" attributes(you can do this by right clicking the file and selecting properties, there at the bottom youll see the attribute options) in the following files in your Vice City Models folder: GTA3.dir, GTA3.img, Generix.txd.

3. Do the same operation as in step 2 for the files in your DATA folder: GTA_VC.dat, Handling.cfg.

4. Go out and download a car. Ill use the F40 as an example. When you download the F40 there are two files called infernus.dff, and infernus.fxd. In this case the F40 replaces the original infernus. What you need to do is replace the old infernus with the new F40. The files that have the cars model data etc are located in the GTA3.img file. This file is located in the MODELS folder.

5. Open up the IMG TOOL. Goto FILE. Now select OPEN. Now open the GTA3.img file. You'll see a whole bunch of different files inside. If you want to install the F40, goto EDIT and select find and enter infernus. It will show one file, with an dff or a txd extension. Delete it, or back it up by selecting export. Now goto find again, and delete the other infernus file.

6. Now goto COMMANDS and select add. Youll have to add the files from the F40 folder you downloaded. So add the infernus TXD and the infrnus DFF. Now you have the car installed.

Each car you downloaded replaces different vehicles. So you simply look in the folder of the car you downloaded, look which car it replaces, delete the original car with the img tool, and add the new files.

If this tutorial is difficult to undrestand, I can make a visual one with pictures etc...Just tell me. Gimme some feedback.
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2003, 11:47 AM   #2
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Nobody needed this? Only 5 views. :roll:
Old 07-17-2003, 11:49 AM   #3
666fast
Regular User

I don't need it......................yet. I'm still downloading VC off of Kazaa. The files are downloading very slow!
Old 07-17-2003, 08:22 PM   #4
Nemisis8u
Regular User

Thanks a lot bud. (where is a worship smily when you need it). I tried installing a car with the way the website told me too and it totally fucked up the game. It des not want to load. Again thnx a bunch
Nemisis8u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2003, 11:15 PM   #5
Nemisis8u
Regular User

Default Re: Installing Addon Cars for Vice City Tutorial.

Originally Posted by SFDMALEX
5. Open up the IMG TOOL. Goto FILE. Now select OPEN. Now open the GTA3.img file. You'll see a whole bunch of different files inside.........
I see a square . Its at top left corner. No files
Old 07-17-2003, 11:19 PM   #6
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by Nemisis8u
5. Open up the IMG TOOL. Goto FILE. Now select OPEN. Now open the GTA3.img file. You'll see a whole bunch of different files inside.........
??? Can you explain a bit more?
Old 07-17-2003, 11:25 PM   #7
Nemisis8u
Regular User

When I open the file I see a white screen sort of what you get in note pad and at the top left corner there is a little square, like a symbol it is not loloured in. It does not show names on files.
Old 07-17-2003, 11:32 PM   #8
SFDMALEX
Regular User

When I open the file I see a white screen sort of what you get in note pad and at the top left corner there is a little square, like a symbol it is not loloured in. It does not show names on files.
Thats wrong. Did you reinstall the game after that fuckup with the installer? Can you show me a pic of that problem?
Old 07-17-2003, 11:37 PM   #9
Nemisis8u
Regular User

Thats wrong. Did you reinstall the game after that fuckup with the installer? Can you show me a pic of that problem?
I did reinstall the game, but I cant show you the pic cuz i have no where to host it. For some reason when I was opening a file I had to go to "all files" for some reason it did not recognize the file with the .img extention
Old 07-18-2003, 02:35 PM   #10
possessed_beaver
Regular User

Nobody needed this? Only 5 views. :roll:
cheers man!!!
a life saver, im driving a f40!!!! hahahahha yeh!
possessed_beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2003, 02:42 PM   #11
SFDMALEX
Regular User

I did reinstall the game, but I cant show you the pic cuz i have no where to host it. For some reason when I was opening a file I had to go to "all files" for some reason it did not recognize the file with the .img extention
Try reinstalling it again. Because I have no idea of what can be causing this, after you followed all the steps in the tutorial.
Old 07-18-2003, 03:11 PM   #12
interceptor_01
Regular User

oh yeah, of course i will need this one,

thx for that...iŽll copy the whole shit into a .txt file and read it through....verrrryy slowly

thx again dude

KLEEMANN SL 55K
640hp / 835nm......no comment
interceptor_01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2003, 07:51 PM   #13
Nemisis8u
Regular User

I dont know what that was, but who cares. I got a different program now it worked, so far the upgraded cars are the F40, Stingray and the Mustang. Its too bad that you cant smash rear of the stingray and the f40.
Old 07-18-2003, 10:37 PM   #14
possessed_beaver
Regular User

u got some links to places where i can download some more car's?
possessed_beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2003, 11:27 PM   #15
Nemisis8u
Regular User

The only one I have is decans auto try going to the affiliates at the bottom right of the page. Hope this helps